Tuesday 21 January 2014

Marijuana Dreaming

Instead of building towards an enduring and powerful anti-war peace and liberal rights movement, the hedonistic days of the 60's hippy flower power culture was driven by a covertly managed culture of drug fuelled befuddlement and from which the 'new-age' movement continues to sap the resolve of an otherwise supposedly 'enlightened' majority.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jopatho/m.html?item=370990329568&pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item5660bf2ee0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I know I own the right to consume any substance I so desire.  Nothing has changed if I cross the imaginary line around a place some people call Washington State except to the imagined legitimacy of uniformed gangs with guns to steal from me or to kidnap me.

But as it happens I choose not to.  Not because of any rules or even conveniences but because I am concerned that the stuff enjoyed on sunny days with pals in the meadows of my youth is not the same material today as it was back then.  Today people are using marijuana of a type selectively created of a different, stronger, nature and I am concerned its lasting effects are not well understood.  And today's illegally cultivated plant is grown in conditions, fed with chemicals, far removed from the natural organic product it used to be.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-oil-painting-on-canvas-by-J-Hodgen-/370989679301?pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item5660b542c5

So I am concerned by anything the state has to offer; even when it is legitimising that which should never had been made illegitimate from the outset.  I am concerned that if marijuana is used more prevalently it will be targeted at the, already too scant, 'open minded' minority who are the selfsame ones who we need to all have all their wits about them in these times of 'universal deceit'.

“The CIA and the “Magic” of Laurel Canyon – Covert Ops & the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream”
http://www.gnosticmedia.com/interview-dave-mcgowan-cia-magic-laurel-canyon-186/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-oil-painting-on-canvas-by-J-Hodgen-/370989679301?pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item5660b542c5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just think it - write it!